hastings bookstore cafe area

Of the chain bookstores in Bozeman, Hasting's might be the seediest. I don't know exactly why, but this place is a little on the trashy side. I don't want to sound like some sort of elitist snob (thought I almost certainly am), but between the semi-interested employees, the general disorganization and clutter, the inclusion of "creation science" books in the natural history section and the omnipresence of video game/nascar/hot rod/metal/"Left Behind" books and otherwise conservative cultural indicators the place just bugs me. That and they call the fiction section "Novels".

Not that I'm particularly fond of the other chain stores, but they at least pay lip service to the idea of literacy and are kept a bit cleaner.

Yet Hasting's is the only one that stays open 'til 11, so it's a decent place to draw.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How I Draw Spherical Panoramas

A brief history of how I started to "curve" my sketches

Dinosaurs of the recent past