drawing in rockford coffee again

The fun thing about doing a drawing that includes my entire field of view is that looking at the drawing sometimes helps me understand the space far better than physically being there and trying to see it all as I sit. Seeing so much space condensed to within the confines of a small Moleskine has really simplified and organized my visible world. Strange as it sounds, it's even changing the way I drive, or at least the way I think about the space I drive in. I always loved the way the shapes of the lines on the road transformed as I drove by them-- that phenomenon is the same type of distortion that happens to objects on the periphery of my field-of-view drawings.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How I Draw Spherical Panoramas

A brief history of how I started to "curve" my sketches

Dinosaurs of the recent past